"I've traded in the tools for toys to be a SAHD. Some say i'm crazy ... others say i'm living the dream, I definitely agree with the latter"

Friday 20 July 2012

Stop growing already!

For those not in the know, Tuesday was Carter's first day at Bayview Kindy! I had been looking forward to this milestone and the extra free time I naively thought it would give me, but also dreading it, not for his sake but for mine, sending my little man off into a world where he no longer needs his daddy to play with or help him do things, and the very beginning to 18 or so years of education.

In the weeks leading up to Tuesday, I did my best to slowly get him used to the idea of it all. "You're going to start kindy soon my son, and you'll meet lots of new friends", I'd say, to which he'd mutter under his breath, "But I don't want to stay there all by myself." Any sentence that I managed to slide the word 'kindy' into always got that exact response, which lead me to believe I was in for a few tears come first day of the semester. I was right... but wrong child haha.

Carter walked straight in no trouble at all, Louie just a half step behind. I had forms to sign so they just went off and played trains with the other kids like they had been attending all year. One of the teachers then offered to show us around but he wasn't interested, he was doing his own thing. After about 20 minutes he became a tad clingy, I think he could sense I was going to leave, but then he spotted the paint, and I didn't see him again 'til 3 o'clock when I picked him up. Instead the tears were falling from Louie's cheeks, he was having a ball, and he didn't want to leave his big bruv!

Wednesday was much the same, though Louie had cottoned on to the fact that only Carter stays there, so no tears thankfully. On Thursday we were lucky enough to have Laura come along to check it out, and it was cool having us both there to pick him up. That's when it really sunk in. The kindy is right next to Bayview Primary so at 3pm there are kids everywhere fleeing from inside classroom walls. What a sight it was seeing our little big boy running along side them, back pack on and all, jumping over cracks in the footpath, and off ledges, it actually made my heart melt, probably could've cried haha. It was at that point I wished he would just stop growing!




I- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment