"I've traded in the tools for toys to be a SAHD. Some say i'm crazy ... others say i'm living the dream, I definitely agree with the latter"

Saturday 16 June 2012

He's a boy

I have become very familiar with these 3 words since Carter came along, but even more so over the past couple of weeks. His intense hatred for having his hair did makes it difficult to counter the "ohh she's so cute" comments, and his lashes, which all girls seem to envy, don't help the situation either. So all I'm left with to attempt to make it obvious which team he's on, is how I dress him. And I dress him well. I spend more time getting the boys ready than I do myself haha. But seriously, by the amount of failed attempts by strangers at guessing his flavour, you would think I dress him in a pink bodysuit with pink angel wings on his back or something.
It did begin to irritate me a bit, mostly because I just couldn't see it, "how could people possibly think he's a girl?" I'd say to wifey, I couldn't for the life of me comprehend it.

But you know sometimes when something's right in front of you, you don't realise certain things, until something changes? You know what I mean, right? Well today Carter got his hair cut so i'll use these photo's to assist me with my explanation...




Like... I didn't realise his hair was THAT long before haha, I mean, now I see it, now i could easily mistake him for a girl, now it all makes sense!

So sorry to all those people who I've never met before and may never see again, for feeling anger towards you even though you never knew it and probably never will, hope you can forgive me lol.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I can sympathise! My 18 month old has got quite short hair and even if I dress her up all in pink I have to constantly say "she's a girl". Who knew hair length was so important?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! I've learned to never assume when it comes to babies gender, if I'm unsure I'll just try to avoid saying him or her haha or I just ask, Some people don't like to offend by asking but it's better than getting it wrong I think.

    ReplyDelete