"I've traded in the tools for toys to be a SAHD. Some say i'm crazy ... others say i'm living the dream, I definitely agree with the latter"

Thursday 14 June 2012

Toddlerock

I love music. I love it with a passion. If I could, I'd happily make babies with it and be a stay at home dad to them also. Bar family and friends, there is probably nothing I feel as equally fond of... nothing even comes close. I can't recall many early childhood memories, but those I can are only due to the fact that I've associated them with whatever song was playing, or in my head at the time (usually something by Michael Jackson haha). I remember particular rugby games we won by the songs that were playing during the 30 minute car journey to Kensington Park, I remember my first day of intermediate/high school by the song I heard coming from a teachers open car door as I strolled nervously past the staff carpark, and I remember the song I was listening to when I realised another reconciliation involving the parentals wasn't going to happen. I'm positive many people share my obsession, and why not? Music is so inspiring, soothing, and just has a way of making everything better.

So anyway, with the hope that our littluns inherit my infatuation, yesterday we went along to Toddlerock, an hour long sing and dance session for wee ones, just for a little nudge of encouragement, should it not be enough, a bigger nudge may be called for haha. It's the second time I've taken the boys, but they have been previously with Bonny, our child carer before myself.

The first 10 minutes or so at times involves some urging, but it's not long until they are eagerly awaiting instructions..




...then their faces light up as they attempt to snatch the balloons in the middle...




...what's cooler than that you ask? Hiding underneath of course...




...they also have a good play area which has recently been extended to accommodate its growing popularity...




...funnily, but not surprisingly, Louie's favourite part seems to be pretending to be asleep..




...haha gotta be mum's genes.

They have a ball, and Bonny still attends so they get to see her which they love. It's also another activity that involves leaving the house so it's sure to be doing them the world of good (not to mention myself!). If you feel it's something that may interest your offspring, checkout their Facebook page here for details. Like most classes of this nature, if you're a dad, prepare to be heavily outnumbered, there's 2 of us lol.

I just finished deleting my closing line "enjoy your weekend" as it just dawned on me that today is only thursday, a common side effect to not having a traditional job is never knowing what day of the week it is haha. Instead I'll close with an apology for the poor quality photos, and leave you with one of Louie at the Zoo last weekend for wifey's birthday!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment