"I've traded in the tools for toys to be a SAHD. Some say i'm crazy ... others say i'm living the dream, I definitely agree with the latter"

Friday 4 May 2012

Time fly's when you're having sons

Today is a momentous occasion.. Our lil Carter just blew out 3 candles on the most delicious choc cake ever! (made by my 2 elves and I haha). If I'm to be totally honest, it's the first cake I have ever even attempted to make in my 28 years of existence, and no it wasn't one out of the box! It was an Annabel Langbein recipe that I found online and definitely one I'd recommend, find it Here if you're interested.

After opening his presents, out of nowhere he hugs me and says "I wuv this birthday!". Made my heart melt. Also, made me love this birthday. He's been a busy boy today, FaceTime calls with relatives, shopping for cake ingredients, playing with new trains, reading new books and learning how to draw shapes, letters, and numbers.. what I'd give to be a kid again.

Where has the time gone? The question is clichè, but actually, where? It seems not long ago I was spending my whole pay cheque down at the local bottle store (like most kiwi twenty-something's) drinking myself into oblivion every weekend, and on the prowl for some aunty's (=females). Now I'm baking cakes and playground hopping with 2 toddlers, and have a loving mightaswellbe wife (=mumsy).

Really all I want to say in this short post is a huge happy birthday to my man Carter James, and an even bigger thank you to him for changing my outlook on life, making me realise what's important, basically just making me grow the hell up :) You and Louie make me a proud father, love you guys to the moon and back x




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment